Thursday, May 28, 2009

Emerson's Baptism

This past weekend, Emerson got baptized at church. Many of our family members were in attendance as well as some friends. Due to the fact that I grew up Catholic and my husband is Methodist, we tried to combine a couple traditions during Sunday's service.

Emerson wore the dress that I was christened in 30 years ago. My mom worked really hard to freshen it up and it looked wonderful! We also chose four people (instead of the normal two) to be Emerson's godparents. The church service was very nice. By my request, Jeremy sang the Jars of Clay song "Faith Like a Child" for Emerson. We also marked the occasion by having brunch at Boatwerks. Yummy!


The weekend started off with Grandma arriving a day ahead of everyone else for some extra visiting time.

After spending Saturday morning with Grandma shopping downtown and at the Farmer's Market, we came home to find Aunt BK and Uncle Lou had arrived.

Emerson, Jeremy and I with the godparents: Adam, BK, Becky and Andy.


After the service with my parents.


Mommy and Daddy with their little princess.

"For I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~ Jeremiah 29:11

1 comments:

Shelby said...

These are great pics, congrats!