Friday, November 6, 2009

Cheated

This week the flu hit my school district. We had so many students out earlier in the week that I was teaching to an average of ten kids per hour! The rumor mill got going within the staff and we were led to believe that if the situation did not improve, we might have Thursday and Friday off. Since this piece of information was coming from a semi-reliable source, I (being one of the healthy ones) began dreaming of all that I could accomplish with those two days off. Needless to say, even though we are still dealing with many absent students, we did not close the school. I am sad for all those extra hours that might have been! On a more positive note: yesterday, the school staff was given massive boxes of small hand sanitizers to pass out to the students. You would have thought it was Christmas morning! They were so excited! Now all they have to do is apply liberally.

0 comments: