Thursday, February 11, 2010

Jesus in Your Heart?

This was sent to me via email recently and I thought it was cute:

A little boy approaches a pastor and politely says, “Excuse me, sir?" To which the pastor replied, "Yes?" then bent down to the boys level on one knee. "You said everyone should have Jesus in their hearts, right?" the boy asked, uncomfortably playing with his untucked shirt.

"That's right, son," the pastor replied. "Does He live in your heart?"

"Well, I'd like Him to," the boy said, nervously. "But I keep thinking Jesus is a big tall man and I'm so little, He's just too big – He's just gonna stick out all over!"


It reminds me of the Jars of Clay song "Faith Like A Child." Oh, to always be able to see things so simply---through the eyes of a child. I wonder what it would be like if I could do this more often.

0 comments: